Owning a Toller is like being in a competition with a person almost as smart as you are. You are not always able to keep ahead of your dog.
Recently, we have had several of our families tell us that their dogs have gotten into things that had the potential to be dangerous. In once instance, the pup discovered Tea Tree Oil. In the other instance, the dog developed a taste for topical pain cream.
Most people are unaware that both of these common household items are toxic to the point of being life threatening.
If you have not yet experienced that moment when your dog has eaten something it shouldn’t, you have been lucky. Most owners will have this scare at least once in their dog’s lifetime.
With all this in mind, we thought it was time to write an article on How to Treat a Poisoned Dog.
The article is different than others we have written. The first page assumes you have an immediate emergency and need help figuring out what to do next.
The rest of the article is written to help you prepare for when it happens next.
The article includes information on:
- Your dog is poisoned, how to decide what to do next.
- Poison Control phone number and reference websites
- What you should have on hand in the event of a poisoning.
- What you need in an overall first aid kit.
- Detail on how to treat bee stings, topical toxins and ingested toxins.
- A list of items that are in your home now and are toxic.
- Learn how something not toxic can become life threatening if eaten.
- Here is a list of safe over-the-counter medicines and their dosages that can be used for injuries and ailments.
This article is now available for download from our Red Shadow Library under the Health section.
Our Red Shadow Library is an Owners Only Library. Access is one of the many perks that comes with owning a Red Shadow Dog!
Please take the time to read over this important information and let us know if you have any questions. As always, we are here if you need any immediate help.
Do you have any suggestions for new articles? We would love to hear from you!
If you are one of our owners and do not already have access to our Owners-Only Library, please contact us on Facebook or through our Contact page here. We will be happy to set that up for you.